SAM Investment Banking works closely with leading companies in Vietnam and the SE Asia region by offering a wide range of services to meet corporate and project financing objectives. SAM Investment Banking has particular strengths and expertise in corporate restructuring, infrastructure, energy and natural resources.
Typically, we follow a three-step process:
1) Strategic Planning – Build long-term development strategies and execute their short-term tactical plans.
2) Implementation – Based on client requirements, source and determine the best and most efficient ways to channel appropriately structured financial capital flows to suit their business development strategy.
3) Follow Up – Advise and help build a sustainable business of strategic partners, financial partners, suppliers and customers that are necessary for the clients’ growth and the successful execution of their business strategy.
Although our primary focus is on Vietnam, we have been involved in projects in Indonesia, Malaysia, Lao PDR, Cambodia and Myanmar.
For certain transactions, SAM Investment Banking has established Special Purpose Vehicles (“SPV”), structured the project or acquisition and has financed the SPV, including making proprietary investments. In selective cases, the following supporting services can be offered to clients upon request:
- Mergers & Acquisition
- Bridge Loan
- Syndicate Loan Leader and Arranger
- Financial Restructuring
- Corporate Strategic Advisory
- Market Entry
We provide sell-side advisory services to Vietnam-based companies seeking corporate finance services, including:
Private placement is the offering of securities to less than 100 sophisticated investors. It can be used for seed financing, expansion capital or refinancing loans. SAM has closed numerous private placements to date and provides access to a mix of local and international investors.
We can assist in providing debt restructuring, project financing and export-import financing.
M & A
We can provide guidance throughout the entire transaction process from identification of potential targets to valuation to deal structuring and implementation. SAM has broad experience in a wide range of industry sectors and particular expertise in energy and natural resources.
Our corporate finance team can assist in arranging project finance for major infrastructure and industrial projects on a non- or limited recourse structure within the ASEAN region.