Ho Chi Minh City, March 1st, 2019 – Saigon Asset Management (“SAM”), the investment manager of the listed investment fund Vietnam Equity Holding (“VEH”), is pleased to announce VEH’s 2018 as well as track record since inception (Nov 2007-Dec 2018) performance results.
• In 2018, VEH’s NAV per share decreased from €4.77 to €4.38, dropping 8.2% (EUR), and 12.2% (USD), and 10.2% in Vietnam Dong (VND) terms
• The Vietnam Index (VNI) opened the year 2018 at 984.2 and closed at 892.5, a decrease of 7.3% (EUR), and 11.6% (USD), and 9.3% in Vietnam Dong (VND) terms
• For the period of Nov 2007 to Dec 2018, VEH, grew NAV per share from €2.36 to €4.38, returning 85.4% (EUR), and 45.3% (USD), and 110.0% in Vietnam Dong (VND) terms
• The Vietnam Index (VNI) opened Nov 2007 at 972.35 and closed in Dec 2018 at 892.5, a decrease of 19.0% (EUR), and 36.5% (USD), and 8.2% in Vietnam Dong (VND) terms
• This makes VEH the top performing Vietnam-focused fund over all peer funds, the Vietnam Index, the MSCI EM Index, and the MSCI Frontier Index
Louis Nguyen, Chairman and CEO of SAM, commented on the rise of the fund: “We are very proud of these results and I credit this stellar accomplishment to the SAM investment team for selecting excellent companies and adhering to our theme of value investing. With the ongoing US-China Trade War, Vietnam emerges as a key beneficiary and we foresee continuous growth in the Vietnam market which will benefit our funds’ investors and the capital market overall.” The senior management team of SAM will be traveling globally to visit with investors in the fourth quarter of 2019. Please contact us at the coordinates below if you would like to arrange for a meeting or conference call.
About Saigon Asset Management
Established in 2007, Saigon Asset Management (SAM) is a Cayman Islands exempted company, launched as a Vietnam-focused Fund Management. SAM is regulated under the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA). SAM also operates Amber Fund Management (AFM), a Vietnam fully licensed fund management company, regulated under the Vietnam State Securities Commission (SSC). The funds under SAM’s management have been the top performers in their respective class. Our approach focused on performance and enhancement of long-term shareholder value without compromising on ethical standards and corporate social responsibilities. SAM and AFM operate jointly in offices located in Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon) and Hanoi with a team of approximately 25 financial professionals. For more information, please visit our website at www.saigonam.com