CEO and Founder
Louis Nguyen has over 25 years of experience in private equity, listed equity, and financial operations in the United States and Vietnam.
- CEO and Founder of Saigon Asset Management (SAM), a fund management company with a track record of outperformance
- SAM is the manager of Vietnam Equity Holding (VEH), a top Vietnam-focused investment fund that outperformed peers and related indices
- Former Managing Director at VinaCapital, led DFJ VinaCapital venture capital fund
- Founding General Partner at IDG Ventures Vietnam, the first venture capital fund in Vietnam
- Former Principal at Intelligent Capital, a technology M&A firm in San Francisco, California
- Former Principal at Osprey Ventures, a technology VC fund in Menlo Park, California
- Held management roles at Apple and KPMG in California
- Chairman of AmCham Vietnam’s Capital Markets and Financial Services Committee
- BS in Accounting at San Jose State University, San Jose, California
- U.S. Citizen
Chief Financial Officer
Nguyen Truong has over 10 years of experience in Big 4 finance and accounting, auditing and advisory. Prior to SAM, he was at Ernst & Young concentrating in financial controls and management, VAS and IFRS reporting, budgeting, taxation, risk management and corporate governance with special focus in banking, investment fund management. At SAM, he oversees financial controls, portfolio post investment monitoring as well as overall global legal and tax compliance for SAM’s entities
- Former Audit Manager of Ernst & Young, Vietnam
- BS in Accounting & Auditing, University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
- Qualified Vietnam CPA
- Associate member of Australia CPA
- Certified for practicing service on Vietnam corporate tax procedures
- Languages: Vietnamese and English
Research Director – Capital Markets
Chuong Vo has over 10 years of experience in listed equity investment. He was instrumental as the key portfolio manager in 2 of SAM’s star investment funds: Vietnam Equity Holding (VEH), which outperformed all indices and peer funds since inception, and Vietnam Property Holding (VPH), which outperformed the Vietnam Real Estate Index since inception
- Former Senior Analyst at Viet Dragon Securities, Vietnam – Covering pharmacy, oil & gas, technology and natural rubber
- Bachelor of Corporate Finance, University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
- MS in Finance, Monash University, Australia
- CFA charter holder
- Chuong also served in the supervisory committee of listed companies in Vietnam
- Languages: Vietnamese and English
Director – Energy and Infrastructure
Hoang has been involved actively in the screening, development, execution and completion of various power and energy projects in Vietnam since 2010. With a strong technical and project management background, he is leading SAM’s energy and infrastructure focus team and splits his time between the Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh offices.
- Former Business and Project Development Manager, Gen X Energy (a portfolio company of Blackstone).
- Former Project Developer and Country Representative, Hero Future Energies.
- Former Project Manager, Andritz Hydro.
- Former Deputy Project Director, Thai Binh 2 Power Plant Project Execution Board, Petro Vietnam Construction JSC.
- Master of Energy Systems, University of Melbourne.
- Master of Engineering Project Management, University of Melbourne.
- Bachelor of Electronic and Communication Engineering, University of Tasmania.
- Languages: Vietnamese, English and Spanish (basic).
Director – Digital Transformation
Robert Vong has over 14 years of experience in software engineering, blockchain technology startups, as well as institutional investment experience. At SAM, Robert focuses on technology opportunities, specifically blockchain and financial inclusion targets.
- Recognized blockchain expert within the Southeast Asia Region
- Covered technology small cap listed equities in Melbourne and New York City as a hedge fund analyst
- Invented two worldwide patents while developing early 3G mobile network technologies
- MBA, New York University, B.Eng., RMIT University, Australia.